Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nook or book?

I'm really not that into technology. Most people who know me know that I would much rather leave things the way they are. I don't like phones with everything in it. I like to have my ipod, my camera, and my phone separately. BUT! I've recently started looking at Barnes and Noble's eReader, The Nook. I've researched it for about 2 weeks. Seriously. Haha! Most people I know that have it seem to be pleased with it. My original argument against it was the fact that I enjoy having an actual book in my hand. I like seeing how far I've gone and how far I have left to go. However, I also like to carry whatever book I'm reading in my purse. This isn't usually a big deal except that now I'm reading a 735 page book. Try carrying THAT in your purse!! It's not fun...except that I get a good workout where ever I take my purse. It'd be much easier to pull out a 7 inch, 12 ounce eReader. The books are usually cheaper, too. I am pretty sure I want one, but I don't want to completely do away with the actual printed book. 

Any opinions?

Take a look at the Nook!


1 comment:

  1. Have you calculated how many books you would buy and save on to pay for the Nook? I would be interested in that information. How long would it take for you to pay for the Nook with your savings is my question.

    ReplyDelete