Monday, February 25, 2013

Fixing our eyes on Jesus

Hebrews 12:1-3

I tend to get discouraged on Mondays. It's a day that I usually over think things and, as a result, my faith begins to fail. An old friend posted this on Facebook earlier today, and I didn't pay much attention to it. However, this evening I spent some time thinking about some of my struggles, and felt compelled to read these verses again.

Then thoughts of my struggles turn to thoughts of what Jesus went through on Earth, and I can't help but look at mine as so superficial. I know they're not superficial to Him. He cares about me and takes my worries and struggles away,
otherwise he wouldn't send me these words to encourage me to keep going even if I constantly feel like a failure.

I'll get used to his unconditional love eventually. Until then, I'll just be forever grateful that it exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment